Preserving Wild Flowers
This Summer DIY craft will preserve the beauty from right outside your door. It is perfect for your apartment home decor or even a fun decoration for outside. You don’t need many supplies, in fact, most of the supplies are probably in your home. Flower pressing is very simple, you can either purchase a pressing kit or use any book. Use this flower pressing craft to revamp your apartment.
What you will need:
- An assortment of flowers ( You can use leaves )
- Garden scissors
- Book or pressing kit (Telephone book works best)
How to Press Flowers and Leaves:
- Go outside and collect flowers
- Dry the flowers by grouping them into bunches and hanging them upside down, You don’t want to do this where they can be rained on or the indoors.
- Grab your book. Like we said in the materials needed, telephone books work best because the pages are absorbent and you have a lot of room to dry flowers. Place weights on top of the closed book or more books.
- Now get crafty, there are so many things you can do with pressed flowers. One we find simple, yet very alluring is glass frames.
There you go, you have yourself a charming new piece of decor for your apartment home!
Tags: Flower Pressing, Summer DIY, Things to do